About Dr. Selden
I graduated Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude, from Tufts University with a double major in Psychology and American Studies. I received my M.A. from Columbia University and my Ph.D. from Fordham University. I served as a Research Coordinator at the Obesity Research Center at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in New York City. I have presented my research on eating disorders at national conferences and been published in peer-reviewed psychological journals.
I currently work as a licensed psychologist in private practice in NYC, where I provide individual therapy to adults and adolescents and conduct psychological testing. My theoretical orientation is primarily psychodynamic and relational, meaning that I use the relationship between us to explore important relationships in your life and help you gain clarity on interpersonal issues and situations. I have also been trained in DBT, CBT, and mindfulness-based techniques.
EXPERIENCE AND CLINICAL TRAINING
- NYU Counseling and Wellness Services: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Eating Disorders Specialization
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center, A.P.A. Accredited Predoctoral Internship
- William Alanson White Institute
- New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Kirby Forensic Psychiatric Center
- Bellevue Hospital
- Barnard College Counseling Center
- Addiction Institute at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital